GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Program) is a federally funded grant program that helps students prepare and succeed in high school, higher education, and their future. GEAR UP serves students from the Class of 2026 (sophomores) and Class of 2027 (freshmen) and follows them until their first year of post-secondary.
Our vision is that all students are academically, socially, and financially prepared to enter and complete the post-secondary program or institute of their choice.
- Campus visits/educational field trips
- Summer programs
- Academic support services
- Student leadership activities
- Career exploration
- College and financial planning assistance
- Professional development
- Applying for Financial Aid Support
- Applying to the post-secondary institute of their choice support
If you feel that your student would benefit from ALL or ANY of these services please email the Site Manager.
For more information, questions or suggestions, please contact the Site Manager and feel free to check out the pamphlet below to learn more about GEAR UP.