Getting to Know Kennewick High School
There are many ways to get to know Kennewick High School. You will need to be connected in various ways to receive current information that is being transmitted to you or your student.
First you will need to make sure you have signed up for a:
Parent Portal through PowerSchool
- Go to: https://ps.ksd.org/public
- Click on “Parents”
- Click on “Powerschool”
- Click on “Create Parent Account” tab
- You will need the Access ID and Passwords for each student you have registered at KSD. Mrs. Thoreson at 222-5314, Mrs. Low at 222-6844 or Mrs. Gonzales at 222-6581 can help you with this.
- Note: If you already have a PowerSchool Parent Account, please see the video link below.
Student Email, PowerSchool and more...
Students need to check their school email account regularly. Our primary communications will be through
email for both students as well as families. The best way to check Student Email is to go to www.ksd.org, Click on “Student”, then click on “Rapid Identity”.
From there, sign in with the student username (for example - 24.saul.hernandez) and password. (If you have forgotten your password, please call 222-6844 or 222-6581.) After you have logged in, you will be taken to a KSD LogIn Page. Once again, sign in with the Student Username and Password.
At this point, The Rapid Identity Screen will appear. This will be the Student’s Home Page during Remote
Learning. This Screen will show all the KSD Web Apps that students will be using throughout this semester. Student email is located under the Outlook Web App on this page. Student PowerSchool is also located on this page.
There are various tutoring opportunities available for your student through our Success Coordinators, Gear Up, Federal Programs and Special Services. Information for these programs will be advertised through email, our Daily Bulletin, the Monthly Newsletter, etc. Keep your eyes open for these opportunities for Second Semester.
- GEAR UP Tutoring for all students - scheduled at various times. To schedule a tutoring session with GEAR UP, click here.
School News & Alerts
Parents can control how they're notified through PowerSchool about school news and emergencies, such as weather closures and delays.
- Log into PowerSchool using your child's assigned ID and password and click the SchoolMessenger link on the left side menu.
- Click on the Contacts tab at the top of the page and then click Edit on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Choose if you want to receive alerts by phone, email or text/SMS, and click Save at the bottom.
Kennewick School District uses an eflyer service called Peachjar eFlyers that sends approved flyers about events and activities from the school and community organizations directly to parent emails.
To sign up to receive notifications of Peachjar eFlyers go to:
Contact School Staff
You or your student may contact our Administrators, Counselors and Teachers via email or phone. See our Contact List on our webpage under “Contact Us”