If you are going to Washington State University, apply for the General Scholarship by January 31, 2020. Click Here
If you are going to attend Columbia Basin College apply for the CBC Foundation Scholarship here.
Washington Apple Education Foundation
WAEF was founded in 1994 by members of Washington’s tree fruit industry with a desire to advance the industry’s charitable work. Today, WAEF supports college-bound young people, provides scholarship training in regional high schools, funds the work of community and school organizations providing scholastic assistance to farmworker families and connects the values of tree fruit industry members with good works in the community.
Application deadline March 1, 2020
Ed Troxel Endowment Scholarship
Application deadline April 10, 2020
The Ed Troxel Endowment Scholarship is now available to receive applications for 2020. They will be awarding two $5,000 scholarships again this year, to the top female and male candidates from Kennewick Kamiakin and Southridge High Schools.
Applications are available online only, and must be electronically received in full by April 10, 2020. Apply at www.edtroxel.com under the Scholarship tab.
The purpose of the Ed Troxel Endowment Scholarship is to promote the athletic, scholastic, and leadership values of Ed Troxel. Dedication, ambition, love, eagerness, vision, resourcefulness, and the ability to work for the benefits of others are but a few of the characteristics that reflect the nature of Ed Troxel and the recipients of this award.
Each applicant will:
Be a member of a graduating class from Kennewick, Kamiakin, or Southridge High Schools.
Have been involved in high school athletics.
Verify academic achievement by submitting a photocopy of transcripts for the last seven semesters.
Show involvement in the community and/or school including leadership qualities.
Include a personal statement. See application for details.
Include a letter of recommendation from a coach.
Include a letter of recommendation from a responsible community member who knows you.
Email a completed application and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to http://www.edtroxel.com/ and click the Scholarship to get started on your application.
Tips for Searching for Scholarships
Scholarship lists are available to students and parents. The Kennewick High School list is available in the Career Center and on the KSD website. This list includes both national and local scholarships and is mostly for seniors although there are occasional opportunities for non-seniors. This list in no way includes every scholarship that’s out there. Look at the websites of other high schools as well as other sites, including the ones below. Our career specialist in our Career Center can help students and parents access these resources and answer many questions.
Here are some tips for our seniors and parents about searching for scholarship money:
- Be motivated – it’s hard work. It involves searching websites, writing essays and being very organized. Parents and students need to decide the time and effort you are willing to expend.
- Be supportive – help keep tabs on deadlines, recommendations and essays but don’t do all the lifting.
- Don’t pay for a service.
- Stick close to home – try to land local scholarships (these usually come out later in the school-year) from groups that you know or hear about. The odds of winning a nation-wide mega scholarship are not in your student’s favor. A more effective use of your time is to pursue scholarships from your employer, church group, local service chapters in the community and awards for special interests like future teachers, etc.
- Set realistic goals – how much money do you want to go after?
- Pay attention to details – deadlines matter. Follow directions. If they want a 3.0 minimum, don’t apply with a 2.5. Complete the entire application. Kids frequently skip stuff. Review the application with your student.
- Give us time - If the application needs counselor (or teacher) signature or information, give us time. Don’t press deadlines by requesting required information and signatures at the last minute.